Lithium – ion family
Lithium ion chemistry are of different types namely:
- LFP – Lithium Iron phosphate
- LCO – Lithium Cobalt Oxide
- NCM/NMC – nickel cobalt manganese
- NCA – Nickel cobalt Aluminium
- LTO – Lithium Titanite oxide
Out of these 5 chemistries Coslight opts for Lithium Iron Phosphate due to following reasons:
- Excellent Life span
- High Level of Safety
- Specific Power
- Abundantly present
The only con for this chemistry is slightly lower specific energy as compared to other Li-ion chemistries but LFP is a cut above due to its high safety and low or no thermal runaway.
Some of the other advantages include:
1. Very low toxicity for environment
2. Calendar Life > 10 years
3. Cycle Life: from 2000 to several thousands
4. Very Low internal Resistance
5. Constant power throughout the discharge range
Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries uses Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) with 99.994% pure lead and distilled high purity sulphuric acid slows aging mechanism, lasts longer in high temperature and delivers longer cycle life.
• Coslight built VRLA batteries to highest standards.
• Our Manufacturing process features improved controls using state of the art of the latest manufacturing technology and equipment.
• The VRLA batteries produced by ours, meet the highest Quality performance.
Some of the features of our VRLA are:
1. Cell robustness allows it to be ideal for outdoor, rural, off-grid, solar storage and critical installations.
2. Grids with patent alloy reduce corrosion and side reactions which provides fast recharge capability, greater resistance to high temperature and longer shelf life.
3. Grid plates with double side pasting accept faster charge and gives longer discharge life.
4. Curing process includes “4 BS crystals “paste morphology significant in PSOC operations.
5. Flame retardant ABS container material with lid suitable for high temperature operations and ensures durability
**Pic Credit – https://www.powertechsystems.eu/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/03/Thermal-runaway-lithium.png